May 20, 2024, 01:21:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheels Day 2006.  (Read 6098 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 11, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »

I've missed this one for the last few years cos it clashes with other events but Flap & I will be there this time.
Organised by the Surrey Street Rodders, the 32nd anniversary Wheels Day will be held at the Rushmoor Arena, just off the A 323 in Aldershot, Hants on Good Friday, (I've got an American bike calendar here that shows that as 14th April -is that right?).
Open 10 - 4 officially but loads of cars arrive before then. 5 quid per person. Trade stalls, music, food, funfair etc.
Last year's attracted 2000+ vehicles. Street rods, yanks, bikes, trikes, vans, classics, dragsters etc.
Photos from 2005 here:
http://www.freewebs.com/wheelsday/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:03:13 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 05:24:44 PM »

Looked good until I saw this:

bugger that, sounds like a bunch of grumpy old men Angry

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:34:56 PM »

You Sir, are an 'ooligan!
Think the showground belongs to the Army. No burnouts rule will be to keep the powers that be happy, not the choice of the drivers. I used to go to this one when it was at Slyfield Green in Guildford. In the middle of a cattle market & retail park. They had to move it when they outgrew the site. Cars were parked up all over the place disrupting people's Sunday shopping at B & Q.  I haven't been to it at Rushmoor but imagine it's worth a look.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:12:28 PM »

Looks good.  I hope to be starting out on the 2006 Round britain Rally about then, might be on my way!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 07:16:18 PM »

You Sir, are an 'ooligan!

Am not Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 07:21:06 PM »

Either you're a Nooligan or your socks are on fire. Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 07:23:53 PM »

So is Good Friday definitely on 14th April? I thought it was at the end of April -I'm sure this show normally clashes with the Shepton Mallet one, which I why I haven't done it for a few years.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 09:42:27 PM »

Yep, Good Friday is 14 April - Bike Show Southwest as they casll it now is 29/30 April.

Only been to that bike show once and didn't think much of it tbh.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »

Ooh, you're a hard lady to please Bobbi!  Smiley
I first did the Shepton show when I was about 20 I think -yeah, THAT long ago! Used to be entirely organised by one lady -think her name was Liz, & it was great. It was THE season opener that everyone strove to have their new projects ready for -similar to the Welsh National now. Then the Angels took it over & it's changed hands several times since. Slowly gone downhill. It's not the show it once was, but still not bad for an afternoon out. I still use it as a target date to get my bikes back on the road. Got Highly Commended with my green trike there a couple of years ago. Really hoping we can have most if not all of the Manky trikes sorted by then.

lunatic

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 03:55:01 PM »

Right whos going then? Ill be there with a couple of me mates and the Lunatic family, I belive Panthershaun and Hayley, Janie and dave postie, any others?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 04:01:40 PM »

Blimey, this is an old thread.
Yup, we'll see you there. Flap will be there on his trike -if he pulls his digit out & gets his brakes fixed today. Nige on his trike too I think. And maybe even Simon on his. Tazet & I will be in the Fester van.  Sad
We'll probably leave Basingstoke around 10. Maybe.

tazet
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 04:13:48 PM »

We could always take mine.
lunatic

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »

We are going to meet at junction 5. Turn right at the roundabout and we are going to meet in the layby at the end of the little bit of dual carriageway. look out for the Lunatic bimmer, the red, red rover and my mate, carltons beetle.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »

Erm - is this thread about Wheels day 2007?  or Bike Show Southwest?  And if it's Wheels, when and where is it?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 10:59:28 PM »

It's about WheelsDay, but Loony's dragged up a thread about last year's show.
It's tomorrow, (Good Friday), Rushmoor Arena, Aldershot. 10am onwards.
The 3 musketeers, (Flap, Ska Man & Simon, (who's recently joined the forum as "Muffin"), have decided they'll be leaving Basingstoke at 12 noon, so Tazzie & I will be following in the van.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: